The World Economic Forum (WEF) released its Global Risks Report for 2021 earlier this year. In the report, the top global risks facing the planet in addition to impact horizon times were highlighted. In reviewing the global risk landscape as highlighted in the WEF’s report, potential threats were plotted from low to high against impact and likelihood to happen.
Out of all the risks currently facing countries, businesses, and individuals around the planet, “extreme weather impact” and “climate action failure” ranked as the #1 and #2 top 10 risks by likelihood. For context, “cybersecurity” ranked 9th out of 10.
Weather is the #1 risk facing enterprise businesses
Things are moving quickly:
- Weather and air quality events are increasing and becoming more volatile
- Last year for example we saw a record for total number of hurricanes in North America, and global wildfires and flooding
- Catastrophic business impact from weather which used to happen once or twice a year now seem to be happening weekly (ERCOT, Suez Canal)
Weather intelligence is the new cybersecurity for the c-suite, but 10x bigger:
- Your daily operations are being impacted by the weather every single day
- Jobs are stake, company growth trajectories are at risk, not to mention safety and operational efficiency issues are escalating
- Executives are now being held accountable for their climate resiliency strategy, or lack thereof
Of course, you can run your business without weather intelligence. By doing so, however, you’re losing money every per week, and risking a catastrophic event like the Suez Canal which cost more than $10B or the EROCOT disaster which cost more than $16B and a CEO losing their job.
That’s why the time for weather intelligence is now. Our mission here at Tomorrow.io is to help countries, businesses, and individuals better manage their ever-growing environmental-related challenges. As an executive, you need to know how the weather will impact your business tomorrow, and Tomorrow.io, can tell you.
Implementing weather intelligence today is significantly easier and cheaper than in the future when your company will be larger and more complex. The leaders implementing weather intelligence today are benefitting from a once in a lifetime global competitive advantage
Tomorrow.io is Different
- Tomorrow.io has built the world’s only Weather Intelligence Platform™
- You get predictive business insights and actionable recommendations, not data (which 90% of businesses can’t read) – automated throughout your business operations
- Proprietary deep technology, sensing, and models with global coverage, soon to be powered by space
- Multi-vertical (technology, on-demand, supply chain, energy, logistics, rail, aviation) software offering, not a “services first” offering
- Award winning focus on customer success, such as our partnerships with Uber, National Grid, Ford, Delta, and more
How “at-risk” is your business?
As the pioneers of Weather Intelligence, we know how weather is impacting your business. We’ve seen all the use cases and have a deep understanding of the most significant challenges and seasonality anywhere in the world. If you’re curious to better understand the risks facing your business today and also get recommendations on how to mitigate your existing challenges caused by weather, our experts are happy to share our experience and what we’re currently seeing across each industry.