The aviation industry has faced many disruptions in 2022—most of them from weather.
While delayed flights and frustrated passengers are often the most talked-about impact, weather-related disruptions cost airlines and airports far more. Unpredictable weather results in unnecessary fuel burn, turbulence, inefficient ground ops, and more.
That’s why Tomorrow.io has launched over a dozen new features and functionalities this year, designed to equip aviation leaders with accurate, actionable, and scalable ways to mitigate weather-related impact.
Explore highlights from these latest advancements and learn how to start streamlining your aviation operations today:
- What is it? The ability to curate targeted notifications when a weather event is over and not starting again for a certain amount of time
- What are the benefits? Reduce the number of alerts received so you can focus on the most relevant information before and after a weather event.
- How can aviation use this? Reduce alert fatigue so aviation teams can stay more focused and effective.
- What is it? The ability to trigger Insights based on real-time and forecast data from an airport met station within the Tomorrow.io platform.
- What are the benefits? Airports and airlines can supplement Tomorrow.io’s existing data with their data, which many are legally required to incorporate into decision workflows.
- How can aviation use this? Stay compliant and take a comprehensive view of realtime weather events from a single source of truth.
- What is it? The default ability to view all flights available in Tomorrow.io’s feed regardless of airport location.
- What are the benefits? Achieve greater situational awareness by seeing all flights from a single view regardless of your selected locations.
- How can aviation use this? Monitor weather alongside flight paths to mitigate the impact on takeoff, landing, and general ground operations.
Dynamic Airports Layer
- What is it? The ability to see every airport’s most important conditions (i.e. ceiling and visibility) at a glance.
- What are the benefits? Quickly identify and monitor conditions across multiple airports without having to set custom insights or alerts.
- How can aviation use this? Save time and effort by planning and adjusting flights based on airport conditions in a more streamlined way.
Airport Information Panel
- What is it? A new information bar for each airport that showcases airport size, elevation, coordinates, ceiling & visibility, and last weather reports
- What are the benefits? Get a more digestible and holistic view of each airport status from Tomorrow.io’s map view without crowding the timeline.
- How can aviation use this? Identify areas of concern along your routes without ever having to leave the map view.
Flight Information Panel
- What is it? A new information bar with public data on each flight, including aircraft model, altitude, speed, and schedule
- What are the benefits? Get a snapshot of core information for all flights without having to leave the map view.
- How can aviation use this? Track and monitor all managed flights simultaneously alongside changing weather conditions.
Want to See What’s Next?
Save Your Seat for Our Biggest Aviation Release Yet