MicroWeather. Micro Decisions. Macro Impact
Make the right call in every weather condition. Plan safe routes and complete your mission.
Due to UASidekick’s unique ability to provide better safety and improve associated insurance loss ratios, Allianz Global Insurance and Transport Risk Management offer 25% off market insurance rates to the app’s users. Additionally, UASidekick collaborates with a nonprofit organization called the Coalition of UAS Professionals.
Traditional weather companies repackage the same government data and models. Tomorrow.io sees the world differently and turns everything around us-from windshield wipers to cellular towers-into virtual weather sensors feeding proprietary weather models. Tomorrow.io produces accurate, actionable, minute-by-minute, street-by-street forecasting that provides operators with drone specific weather. Tomorrow.io’s low-altitude, real-time forecasts help drones dodge bad weather and make the right risk calculations to maximize safe flying time ahead of bad weather. The result is a MicroWeather API with the most accurate, comprehensive, and up-close view of the weather available to include in UASidekick’s real-time integrated FAA Flight Service System app:
- Precipitation intensity and type
- Visual layers of wind (speed/direction/gust) Cloud base height
- Low-altitude (< 400ft), real-time forecasts for drones - minute-by-minute, street-by-street
UASidekick’s users can now make calculated weather decisions to increase safety and mission success by leveraging Tomorrow.io’s low-altitude, real-time forecasts for drones.
- Drone pilots are able to protect their assets by avoiding bad weather like rain, snow, and wind gusts.
- Providing the height of cloud bases increases the drone pilot’s ability to ensure the distance and safety between manned and unmanned aircraft.
When planning flight routes, UASidekick’s users can use Tomorrow.io’s forecasting, from real-time to two weeks out, to proactively factor in weather conditions along the flight path. Accurate MicroWeather forecasting allows drone pilots to make calculated and safe mission schedules-preventing them from wasting valuable time and money by driving to a site and having an unsuccessful mission due to bad weather.
UASidekick’s users can use accurate weather forecasting to optimize drone operations.
- Knowing the best time to fly and not fly, allows commercial drone businesses to take advantage of as many jobs possible and maximize revenue.
- Accurate drone-specific weather forecasts enable firefighters and police officers to immediately deploy drones at the site of an emergency.