How can we work together (as the public, private, and NGO sectors) to build a future where EVERYONE has the early warnings they need to act and adapt to a changing climate?
Join us for the upcoming Feed the Future Webinar: Fighting Desert Locusts Together on Wednesday, Feb 3 at 8 AM EST.
At Tomorrow.io.org, we believe that technology and innovation are giving us the opportunity to improve lives more rapidly than ever. The innovations contributing to the future of climate adaptation and early warning systems are a great example of this. But, we’ll only make the most of the potential if we ensure that the benefits of these technologies reach everyone who needs them, including the poorest people in the world.
In this upcoming webinar, we will discuss the opportunities of new technology and innovations for locust early warning and action. There is much to be learned from the recent response and existing early warning systems, and much to do as we continue to innovate and build the early warning solutions of the future.
We thank USAID DLEC and Digital Green for partnering with us on this important topic so we can spark dialogue among stakeholders, forge new partnerships, and TOGETHER bring innovations to those who need them the most.
- Georgina Campbell Flatter, Executive Director, Tomorrow.io.org
- Boniface Akuku, Director of ICT, Kenya Agricultural & Livestock Research Organization (KALRO)
- Mark Gilkay, Senior Agriculture Development Advisor, USAID
- Emmah Mwangi, Agriculture and Climate Research, Kenya Red Cross Society
- Ritika Sood, Partnerships, Arifu
- Henry Kinyua, Head of East Africa, Digital Green
- Rei Goffer, CSO and Founder, Tomorrow.io
- Yoav Motro, PhD, Locust specialist and head of the recent locust support mission to Ethiopia
- Tomer Regev, CEO, Alta Drones and member of the locust support mission to Ethiopia
Register for the webinar now and join us for this important discussion on how we can build the future of early warnings together.